Sunday, September 7, 2014

Blog Post 3

In the video, "What is Peer Editing?" I liked that they stressed being positive as an important factor. I think a peer is more susceptible to listening and taking advice if the advice is not harsh, but more positively critical. If someone's comments come off as rude or condescending they will be more defensive an less approachable. By this happening, they will not learn from their mistakes but rather live on making the same mistakes because they felt the person's advice was not sincere or significant to them. I also liked how the video started with a fresh description of peer editing, from the exact definition to specifics on how to peer edit properly, The video was very clear and very appropriate for what peer editing is.
I leaned in the humorous video ways not to act with my peers during an editing session,as acted out by small children! It was comical, but at the same time very true. People can take some things you say the wrong way or you may get offended if someone calls out an error that you often have difficulty with. I think the main goal of peer editing is to help one another improve in our academics, so we should always keep in mind that the other person is there to help us. If you feel unsure or strongly indifferent about some corrections made by your peer, you can always research it or consult with your instructor. The whole purpose is to provide a learning experience, ad improve your work that much more.

2 comments:

  1. Your Blog Post 3 has many great ideas! Your picture of choice is great. I agree with your statement about peer editing needing to be sincere. If someone gives you a rude or snappy comment you will not think about what you did wrong, you'll just think of how rude that person is. When critiquing a persons work it should always be positive. I also like the comical video as well. The comical video is true even in college. I sometimes have to keep my peers from getting of subject when doing group work. I enjoyed reading your blog!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...experience, ad improve your work..." and, not ad

    Interesting.

    ReplyDelete