Sunday, September 21, 2014

Blog Post 5

Part #1
The progress of my PLN was the hardest or most difficult part for me. It was basically searching for people that I felt would best benefit me and my PLN. Learning new tools and websites was also more confusing at times and harder to get used to. Once I was more familiar with the sites and I could better navigate myself through them, that made the TOOLS part a little easier. As far as obtaining my list of people. That was a little more in the blue for me, primarily because I wanted to be choosy with the people I picked and also because I wanted to make sure that I would be getting the best resources and answers from these people. My favorite PLN is Twitter. Twitter is full of a variety of information from people that are often experts in their field. I use Twitter for work, school, and personal reasons to better help me understand any given subject at hand. This was the most difficult part for me, just building my PLN by learning new tools and finding appropriate people.
Part#2
For the final summary of my PLN, I chose Symbaloo over Netvibes because I feel that it was easier to use and it had a more attractive layout that caught my eye. I liked the overall entire site better than Netvibes. My PLN is still making progress but I do feel like I have learned a lot more information about PLN's and the importance of having one, not only as a student but also when I am teaching. Using a PLN has opened my eyes to the endless amounts of advice, recommendations, and helpful tools that I am able to have access to at any time. I think this is a great idea and I will definitely be using mine very often now and I plan to expand and grow in my PLN. I will also recommend this idea to all of my peers that have yet to learn of this amazing opportunity. I really enjoyed creating mine once getting the hang of it!

2 comments:

  1. Amber,
    You aren't the only one that thought this was difficult. It was hard to find PLN's that I thought would be supportive and helpful in my future endeavors. I think that one I did some research and really looked into it, I got the hang of it. Now that I have started this, I think that it will be easy to add more as I find them. Great post!

    ReplyDelete