Sunday, October 12, 2014

C4T #2 Summary

In my first comment for teacher post I was instructed to comment on Ms. Davison's post about blogging in the classroom. Her post enlightened me on exactly how blogging is used in the classroom with younger kids. The examples she gave of how she incorporated it into her own classroom really opened my eyes to how neat and effective it can be for the students. I wasn't really sure how I'd ever use new technology such as blogging in my own classroom, but after reading some of her ideas I became really interested. One thing that I really agreed with Ms. Davison on, was how she stated that blogging is good for getting students engaged with people from cultures that they are not used to or know nothing of. This allows for opportunity in children learning things completely new and eye-opening. They will then have a broader range of intelligence with other cultures.

In the next comment for teacher post I commented on Ms. Jennifer LaGarde's (Library Girl) post about the art of listening. This post was super inspiring to me. Ms. LaGarde has a very interesting way with words that captures your attention and pulls you in to everything she has to say. I found myself lost in the post and the comments as well. She was very well at explaining how listening is just as important if not more important than speaking. She went on to explain an example in which she used the art of listening instead of talking to a group of coworkers she was mingling with. She stated how glad she was after using this technique and how much she learned from fellow teachers. I commented on the post letting her know how inspiring it was to me and how much I agreed with how important listening is in communication. I stated how I felt that this would be an excellent technique to incorporate in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment