Friday, August 22, 2014

Blog Post 1

1. I have heard that EDM310 is a very tough and time consuming course to take. I also here that it is a very difficult course to take if you do not own a Mac or iPad. I own a Dell, so this issue has me a bit concerned. 2. My fear for the EDM310 course is that I will not be able to keep up. I am not a very technology savvy kind of person so I fear that I will fall behind and not be able to keep up with the course's intense pace. Also I am worried that my Dell PC will not be as efficient as a Mac computer considering Dr. Strange has highly recommended that Macs be used for this course. My computer is slightly old, and I hope that it will be able to function appropriately for the duration of this course. 3. In contrast to EDM310, all other courses I have taken at South involve turning in hard copies of work and/or dealing with the distribution of paper copies, as to where in EDM310 there is no exchange of paper. This will be challenging for me because I work better with hard copies of paper and being able to write everything down and have physical copies. However, I am hoping to learn more from this experience. 4. The most difficult thing for me overall in EDM310 will be adjusting to the differences of this course. There are many different aspects, such as only relying on computers and not having paper copies, that I will have to adjust to. 5. The best way for me to adjust to these differences would be to just practice using the programs we have been introduced to, and seek extra help if I become confused or start to fall behind. I also have access to the computer lab where they have tutors there to help students if needed. 6. My question for EDM310 is how does this course pertain to us being educators one day? Not that I don't believe this course is important, I am just genuinely curious as to what we will be using this for in the future when we become educators? I feel that I can address this question by paying attention and learning ways we will use this information in the classroom.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Amber,
    I have heard a lot of the same things about this course that you have. I am definitely a little concerned about how difficult keeping up in EDM310 will be as well. I have taken a couple of classes that have a lot of the class is online, but never to this degree. I think planning out specific times during the week to work on this class will help me keep up. I would also like to know the answer to your question. I am aware that technology is increasing rapidly and will be incorporated into the class, but that still doesn't really address how we will use what we are learning into our classrooms.

    Natalie Thomson

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I took this class, all I had (and still have) was my Dell computer I got from the school. It got me through the class just fine. However, there will be a few projects where you'll have to come into the lab and use the Macs to get them done, such as the book trailer and the final project. But most of your assignments can be completed with just your PC!

    ReplyDelete